Sunday, March 21, 2010

Water Dancing

I noticed fall leaves floating down a small stream today while I was in the park.
Some barely danced on top of the water; while others floated just under the surface.
What makes one leaf float on top and another one float just under the water?

The leaves were peacefully floating, unaware of a waterfall just down stream.
It was fun to watch them go over the edge, getting lost in the turbulence,
Only to pop up further down the stream.

The leaves reminded me of life. Some days you dance on top of the water.
Other days you are struggling against the current.
The waterfalls come and you plunge deep within the swift pool.

I decided today that I want to be a water dancer.
People may try to force me down under the current.
But I refuse to let others define my path.

Dancing on top of the water is the answer I've been looking for.
Lord please help me to be a water dancer.
Always finding my own way to the waterfall.

Surrendering myself to your swift pools of grace.
Where I learn to uplift others and help them see,
That dancing on top of the water is key

No comments:

Post a Comment